To understand what Call Survival really means lets look at an example. Starting off with a caller connected over a SIP trunk and ultimately connected to an agent. The diagram below shows a simplified setup with the communication path as follows:
With this communication path in place what happens if there is a failure that takes out the Asterisk Server 1?
What happens for Call Recovery:
- Call drops and the agent has to re-establish the call.
- Bad experience for the caller as they may assume the agent hungup on them.
What happens for For Call Survival:
- Call path is moved to Asterisk Server 2.
- If needed internal nailup is re-established to agent device. This only required if nailup was on failed box also.
- Good experience for the caller as they continue same conversation without knowing a failure happened.
With Call Survival the communication path now looks like this:
This patented Call Survival feature of the Q-Suite platform allows for a better customer experience when the unexpected happens.